3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when multiple disciplines collaborate without walls or silos. That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work across disciplines toward an integrated project vision. In 2019, we were awarded with AIA Virginia’s Firm Award.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, providing the opportunity to work across diverse project types, including hospitality, multi-family, cultural, corporate, and residential.
We’re looking for a talented, highly motivated Architect II or Project Architect with 3-7 years of high-caliber design experience. Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills and be motivated by the opportunity to carve out a unique role in a growing firm.
This job can be performed remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
- Participate on collaborative project teams with a focus on co creation
- Plan, organize, and be responsible for your own work within your project team
- Execute everything from small projects to large assignments
- Assist more experienced designers, as well as provide direction to interns, technical drafters, and administrative staff
- Tackle unusual design and technical challenges within large projects
- Work collaboratively across multiple design disciplines
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- 3-7 years of related experience in an architectural practice
- Proactively tracking toward licensure (preferred)
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Experience with Construction Administration a plus
- Demonstrates experience across a variety of project types & design approaches
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Apply by sending us your resume and portfolio to [email protected].