3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when multiple disciplines collaborate without walls or silos. That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work across disciplines toward an integrated project vision. In 2019, we were awarded with AIA Virginia’s Firm Award.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, providing the opportunity to work across diverse project types, including hospitality, multi-family, cultural, corporate, and residential. We focus on creating opportunities for professional development, continuing education, and the cultivation of leadership skills for all our team members.
We’re looking for a talented, highly motivated Landscape Architect / Designer with 3-5 years of high-caliber design experience. Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills and be motivated by the opportunity to carve out a unique role in a growing firm. Interest and experience in community engagement techniques and design charrettes is desirable. Additional requirements are as follows:
- Participate in collaborative project teams with a focus on co-creation
- Plan, organize, and be responsible for your own work within your project team
- Execute everything from small projects to large assignments
- Assist more experienced designers, as well as provide direction to interns, technical drafters, and administrative staff
- Tackle unusual design and technical challenges within large projects
- Work collaboratively across multiple design disciplines
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited College or University
- 3 year minimum of related experience at a landscape architecture or multidisciplinary design firm
- Proactively tracking toward licensure
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Expertise in written, oral and graphic communication
- Expertise in reading, analyzing and interpreting professional literature, technical procedures and governmental regulations
- Ability to collaboratively work across multiple design disciplines
This job can be performed remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
Apply by sending us your resume and portfolio to [email protected].