3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when multiple disciplines collaborate without walls or silos. That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work toward an integrated project vision. At 3North all disciplines are involved in the project from its beginning through to the end. We have a ‘best idea wins’ credo that crosscuts disciplines and experience levels.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, providing the opportunity to work across diverse project types, including hospitality, urban planning, parks and greenspaces, multifamily, cultural, and residential. Our landscape studio is currently working on projects for Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden, The James River Association, Zimmer Development Company, Kendal at Lexington, Venture Richmond, along with various high-end residential commissions. Our current projects are located primarily in the Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern United States.
We are seeking a talented and highly motivated landscape architect with 15+ years of high-caliber design and project management experience to be our Landscape Architecture Studio Leader. This is a great opportunity to join our leadership team working directly with firm leaders in managing and directing the landscape team while on-boarding many exciting new projects. Since this is a relatively small (but growing) landscape studio there are project management and design lead expectations for this position. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Manage a team of project managers and designers while ensuring the highest quality of project delivery
- Cultivate positive client relationships while managing client expectations and communication
- Lead the Landscape Architecture Studio business development efforts in all market sectors with full support of the Principals and Leadership Team
- Identify potential teaming opportunities with other industry professionals
- Establish and oversee the Studio’s annual revenue and marketing objectives in collaboration with the Principals and Leadership Team
- Lead the preparation of drawing sets and presentation packages on higher profile projects within the Studio
- Solicit proposals from consultants, preparing client proposals, and managing project budgets
- Collaborate with in-house team and outside consultants throughout the phases of the project through successful completion
- Manage internal and external deadlines through outstanding time management and selective team delegation
- Write contracts and contract management
- Participate in response to incoming RFPs
The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated, energetic and experienced senior project manager adept to managing several project teams and building client relationships. We are looking for candidates with proven creativity, strong problem-solving skills, and an entrepreneurial spirit to lead our growing landscape studio at 3North. Additional requirements are as follows:
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture
- At least 15 years of professional experience in a landscape architecture or multi-disciplinary design firm with project and team management responsibilities
- Registered as Landscape Architect in the U.S.
- Experienced in the QA/QC process and construction administration of a broad range of project types
- Ability to collaboratively work across multiple design disciplines; lead & manage a team and prioritize work flows
- Demonstrated excellence in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and in 3-D modeling programs such as Sketch-Up, Rhino or Revit
- Demonstrated experience across a variety of project types and design approaches
We focus on creating opportunities for professional development, continuing education, and the cultivation of leadership skills for all our team members. We have worked hard to create our firm culture and we have a robust interview process to ensure we are the right fit for a candidate and vice versa.
This job can be performed remotely temporarily due to COVID-19.
Please submit cover letters, resumes and design portfolios to [email protected]