3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when creative fields collaborate without walls or silos.
That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work across disciplines toward an integrated project vision. In 2019, we were awarded AIA Virginia’s highest honor, the T. David Fitzgibbon Firm Award, recognizing a long and distinguished record of design excellence and community service.
We are currently seeking a talented and highly motivated Architect or Architectural Intern with high-caliber design experience for our Residential Studio. We offer a design-driven environment that offers exposure to exciting and diverse projects from large-scale renovations to estate development and ranging in style from traditional to contemporary. We are looking for candidates with creativity and strong design and problem-solving skills — from conceptual design through construction documentation — that will help to expand the abilities and breadth of our growing firm.
- Participate on collaborative project teams with a focus on co-creation
- Plan, organize, and be responsible for your work within your project team
- Ability to be nimble and adapt to a range of work from small outbuildings and renovation projects to large estates and contemporary homes
- Assist more experienced designers, as well as provide direction to interns, technical drafters, and administrative staff
- Tackle unusual design and technical challenges within all projects
- Work collaboratively across multiple design disciplines
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Related experience in an architectural practice
- Licensure or tracking toward licensure not required, but desirable
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Experience with Construction Administration is desirable
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Please include a cover letter, resume, and work samples demonstrating a wide range of skills in a single PDF document not to exceed 5Mb in size. Include “3North Architect/Designer I-III (Residential)” in the subject line and send to [email protected].