JOB OPENING: ARCHITECT PROJECT MANAGER
3North is an award-winning, Unified Design firm with studios in Richmond, VA and San Francisco, CA. We believe great design only happens when multiple disciplines collaborate without walls or silos. That’s why we’ve spent the past 20 years building a firm of architects, landscape architects, interior designers, and graphic designers who work across disciplines toward an integrated project vision. In 2019, we were awarded with AIA Virginia’s Firm Award.
Our environment is fast-paced and collaborative, providing the opportunity to work across diverse project types, including hospitality, cultural, corporate, and residential.
We’re looking for a talented, highly motivated Project Manager with high-caliber design experience. Candidates should have strong problem-solving skills and be motivated by the opportunity to carve out a unique role in a growing firm.
- Participate on collaborative project teams with a focus on co-creation
- Prepare strategic plans for project success
- Plan, organize, and be responsible for your own work within your project team
- Analyze risks and opportunities within the scope of a project
- Estimate fees, determine scope of project work, and prepare proposals and contracts
- Assist more experienced designers, as well as provide direction to interns, technical drafters, and administrative staff
- Tackle unusual design and technical challenges within large projects
- Work collaboratively across multiple design disciplines
- Manage budgets, schedules and programs as well as project communication and documentation
- Serve as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets, and scope of work to completion and to the client’s satisfaction
- Administer quality control and assurance to ensure incorporation of processes and standards in documents
- Attend weekly Project Manager meetings to oversee office scheduling and forecast profitability
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Architecture
- Related experience in an architectural practice
- Licensed or proactively tracking toward licensure
- Experience with Revit, AutoCAD, Bluebeam Revu, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), and MS Office
- Working knowledge of building codes, standards, building construction, and building structures
- Experience with Construction Administration
- Experience across a variety of project types & design approaches
- Excellent organization and time management skills
Please include a cover letter, resume, and work samples demonstrating a wide range of skills in a single PDF document not to exceed 15Mb in size. Include “3North Architect Project Manager” in the subject line and send to [email protected].
3North is an equal opportunity employer.